Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
p1606
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ip address = all 0's and dhcp set to manuel after factory reset.  cannot connect to printer to configure or print.  usb works fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MJF2,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I noticed that you're unable to get your printer on the network after a factory reset. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

In order for me to assist you better, I may require more information. 

• What was reset to factory defaults, the router or printer? 

You mentioned, "dhcp set to manuel". Does this mean that you have a static IP address for the printer? What is the IP address you're assigning the printer?

• If the printer is not obtaining an IP address, you might be experiencing an IP address conflict. It is a good idea to assign the printer a static IP address, outside your DHCP range. For example, some routers DHCP default range is 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.200. So, I would use 192.168.0.232, etc. 

Please see the User Guide: "Configure network settings" and the guide below:

If you  were referring to the router, not the printer try restoring defaults on the printer.

Restore Defaults:

1. Turn the product off. 
  2. Turn the product on, and while it is initializing press and hold the GO & JOB CANCEL button while powering on printer. After all the LEDs are blinking, release buttons.

If you need further assistance, please let me know the following information above. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @MJF2,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums!

I noticed that you're unable to get your printer on the network after a factory reset. I would be happy to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

In order for me to assist you better, I may require more information. 

• What was reset to factory defaults, the router or printer? 

You mentioned, "dhcp set to manuel". Does this mean that you have a static IP address for the printer? What is the IP address you're assigning the printer?

• If the printer is not obtaining an IP address, you might be experiencing an IP address conflict. It is a good idea to assign the printer a static IP address, outside your DHCP range. For example, some routers DHCP default range is 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.200. So, I would use 192.168.0.232, etc. 

Please see the User Guide: "Configure network settings" and the guide below:

If you  were referring to the router, not the printer try restoring defaults on the printer.

Restore Defaults:

1. Turn the product off. 
  2. Turn the product on, and while it is initializing press and hold the GO & JOB CANCEL button while powering on printer. After all the LEDs are blinking, release buttons.

If you need further assistance, please let me know the following information above. I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

after factory reset printer was unable to obtain a ip address from the dhch server.  I'm assuming it'e because the dhcp setting defaults to manual.  I was able to install the printer on the network by uninstalling all instances of the printer in Windows 10 and then using the add printer function.  Windows found the printer by it's network name and the dhcp server was able to assign it a ip address.  I was the able to access the printer and reconfigure it.  Thanks,MJF

HP Recommended

It appears that a factor reset does not reset the "IP Configured By:" setting.

It is left in the "manual" mode.

My internet provider changed and the previously set IP address no longer worked......now it is stuck in MANUAL mode and will not get an ip address from the DHCP server.

Please advise . the printer is useless until this is fixed.........  (the person that started the thread did a work around & didn't solve the problem).

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.